The Natural Home Remedies for Acid reflux Treatment:
1. Baking Soda TreatmentBaking soda helps in neutralizing the acid content in the stomach. Mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda along with a glass of water. Add a few drops of lemon juice and mix. Drink the mixture to get relief from acid reflux and heartburn. The acid reduces in the stomach due to the action of the alkali (baking soda).
2. Aloe Vera TreatmentAloe Vera juice is very effective in reducing the acid reflux symptoms. The juice gives a cooling effect to the acid-affected regions of the esophagus and the digestive tract. Drink half a glass of the aloe vera juice before having your meals to reduce acid inflammation. Do not eat fried or spicy food, as they are the major triggers of acid reflux. Take fresh aloe vera instead of packaged products of aloe. You can have an aloe plant at your house too to get fresh aloe vera.
3. Nutty and Fruity RemedyIf you have a mild acid reflux, then you can alleviate it by eating nuts like almonds. Take a handful of raw almonds and chew them thoroughly before gulping down. You can have fruits like apples and bananas to reduce acid inflammation. Have some curd or yogurt to reduce heartburn. Bananas are rich in calcium and potassium, while apples are rich in fiber. Both aid digestion and reduce heartburn.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar TreatmentIt is an effective remedy to reduce the inflammatory effects of acid reflux. You can make the apple cider vinegar at home too. It is recommended to prepare it at home. Vinegar has acid neutralizing properties that soothe the acid affected areas of the gastronomic system and provide effective relief from heartburn. Drink a glass before or after meals. Apples have good effects on digestion. You can also have raw apples, as the fibers present in them aid digestion.
5. Ginger TonicGinger has amazing acid absorbing power. It will help to regulate the acid levels in the stomach. Ginger has multiple health benefits. You can either take a ginger drink or just eat it raw. For the drink, you can mix up some ginger along with some honey, lemon juice, and water. Drink the juice after meals to get a soothing relief from acid reflux. It would prevent an acid “splash” from the stomach. You also chew some ginger pieces raw or make a ginger tea.
It is important to have a well balanced nutritious diet to prevent digestion problems and acid reflux. Avoid fatty, fried, spicy or processed food, as they are the major triggers of acid reflux. Add fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet. Reduce intake of sugar and processed dairy products. Always eat in time and do not skip meals. Research shows that lack of production of essential acids in the stomach can lead to heartburn. Another tip, include a lot of fiber in meals to reduce acidity and heartburn.